Saturday, August 21, 2010

Santa Barbara Courthouse

Today, I wandered around town, and happened to find the Santa Barbara Courthouse ... I started to explore the amazing old building that used to be a fortress where many battles had been defended, land protected, and the leaders crafty with their methods of tricking the enemy. The art on the walls, the building's ornate detail, and the vast array of lanterns left a deep impression of inspiration. I really enjoyed listening to the docent as he told it's history. It is a truly magnificent building and it's history is very interesting. My favorite part was the view at the top of the clock.

I also got to go into the courtroom and some people chose to sit in the judge's chair to snap a picture. We went into the law library. He mentioned no one reads these books, they are just for show. Then I realized that books were beginning to be be something of the past.  The information is all data based on the computer now. It's amazing how fast our society and technology grows. It's just yesterday we were using the Dewey Decimal system. 

http://www.santabarbaracourthouse.org/sbch/default.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment